The Prineville Christian Church has had different names in the past - Prineville
Church of Christ, the Christian Church and Prineville Community Church. It had been
meeting for many years and in October of 1953, they adopted articles of incorporation.
They had met in various places until this building was built and started use in
1954. The main focus of this body of believer has been to worship God and to spread
the word within the community about the good news of Jesus.